Located at the ground-floor entrance of the Old Mill, next to Cafe Chartier, the Watershed became an official Presbytarian church plant in February 2011, under the Rev. Kevin Thumbstone. But the story begins four years prior when an architect, a dentist and a doctor collaborated to create a nonprofit community gathering place. The vision originally included books, musical performances and art. Today, it's a cozy, comfy, eclectic concert and event venue, mostly booking local and regional indie musicians, run by the founders of the Watershed church, who currently meet in the space on Sunday evenings. Please see the website for the events schedule.
- Hours: Sunday worship, 6:15pm
- Handicap Accessible: At-grade entrance
- Founding Date: February 2011
- Ticket information: See website. Events are held at minimal fees.
- Student discounts: No
- Senior discounts: No
- Private parties: Yes
- Food/drink: Yes
- Alcohol served: No
- Coat/bag check: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Denomination: Presbyterian
- Congregation size: 45
- Services: Study groups
- Recreational facilities: Yes
- Music specialties: Classical, Folk, Jazz, Latin, Rock
- Which performer or group that has visited the venue is the most interesting or memorable?: Desperate Lives reflects the range of performances booked at the Watershed. This cabaret group assembled a program of song, dance, comedy and skits. Different than our straight musical venue.