Situated across from Lexington's Old Mill, Rhoten's Country Sausage is the town's original store where mill workers once purchased goods on credit to carry them over until payday. In 1945, William and Roy Rhoten bought the mill store from its builder. Today, William's son Wes runs the store and carries on the family tradition of custom, homemade sausage patties and links.
Onion sausage is Rhoten's gold standard, but custom orders range from extra-hot to salt-free, and are sold by the pound. The store also carries certified South Carolina-grown and made products, plus house wares, crafts and art on consignment. Connie Cook's hair salon, "Hello Gorgeous" is the newest addition to Rhoten's. Shoppers can stop by for a $1.00 sausage sandwich and ask Wes about the wall of family memorabilia in honor of William and Roy, both decorated World War II veterans.
- Hours: Tue - Sat, 10am - 6pm; Sun - Mon, closed
- Handicap Accessible: At-grade entrance
- Founding Date: 1945
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: Custom sausage by the pound. onion sausage, made-to-order sausage, arts and crafts, consignment wares
- General services: Eat-in, Phone orders, Prepared foods, Take-out
- Specialties: Homemade sausage, sausage, made-to-order sausage, certified South Carolina-grown and made products
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot
- Private events: No