Founded in 1998, this affordable, neighborhood restaurant is the place to go for authentic Mediterranean recipes from the Trifos family. Its casual old-world decor boasts murals from Lexington's famed artist Carl Copeland, a once-local fixture at the establishment.
Dine at the sidewalk cafe, then stay for live music and dancing in the bar area. Main Street Cafe offers specialty drinks, a wine list and weekly bar specials.
- Fax: 803-808-5886
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 11am - 10pm; Sat, 5pm - 10pm; Sun, closed
- Handicap Accessible: Front entrance
- Founding Date: 1998
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Food & dining options: Vegetarian
- General services: Catering, Eat-in, Phone orders
- Menu link: www.mainstreetcafelexington.com/menu
- ATM: No
- Parking: Free lot, On-street: free
- Private events: Yes
- What makes this community special?: "The people!"
- Cuisine: American, Greek, Mediterranean
- Signature dishes: Spanekopita, eggplant parmigiana, pastichio
- Price level: $
- Reservations: Accepted
- Executive chef: Nitsa & Geare Trifos
- Number of tables: 40
- Features: Banquets, Catering, Dancing, Dinner, Group-friendly, Happy Hour, Live Entertainment, Lunch, Outdoor seating, Private Parties
- Atmosphere: Bar Scene, Fun, Singles scene
- Dress code: Casual