The Lexington Wine Walk on Main is a young event -- but already a highly popular one. As Mayor Randy Halfacre remarked earlier this week, it's not often you can party on Main Street -- at least not without a moving car staring you in the face.
So, if you plan to attend the Saturday evening soiree, and think you can just show up and buy a ticket … well, think again.
"It's the best event we have in Lexington," said Town Council member Danny Frazier. "So go ahead and get your tickets before they sell out."
Event organizers and town leaders are stressing that tickets very likely may not be available at the time of the event. If you haven't already purchased tickets to the affair -- which features wine, beer, fine food and entertainment on East Main Street downtown -- you are advised to do so today.
Advance tickets to the event are $25. You can order them online here. If tickets are available at the start of the event, the price goes up to $35.
The event starts at 6 p.m. on Saturday, and online tickets can be purchased up until 5 p.m. today.
Tickets are also available at these locations:
- , 140 East Main Street. (803) 359-2512
- Dooley and Company, LLC, 468 Old Cherokee Road. (803) 359-3800
- (Lobby), 5455 Sunset Blvd. (803) 951-0554
- Envii of Lexington, 5175 Sunset Blvd. (803) 957-0607
- , 131 East Main Street. (803) 808-5886
- , 109 Old Chapin Road (803) 808-6396