The Lexington County Sheriff's Department has announced the latest roadways where it will conduct stepped-up traffic patrols, which will begin Thursday morning and run through next Wednesday.
Deputies, along with S.C. Highway Patrol troopers, will be cracking down on speeders, as well as reckless and drunken drivers.
The targeted roadways include:
- Westside Drive (morning of July 12)
- Olde Farm Road (afternoon of July 12)
- Blackville Road (morning of July 13)
- Felix Drive (afternoon of July 13)
- Busbee Road (July 14)
- Dreher Island Road (morning of July 16)
- Emory Lane (afternoon of July 16)
- Nursery Road (morning of July 17)
- Wessinger Drive (morning of July 18)
- Oak Drive (afternoon of July 18)
Lexington County Sheriff James Metts said deputies and state Highway Patrol troopers will concentrate on specific offenses or on problem areas identified by patrol observations, complaints from citizens, and statistics concerning traffic collisions.
"Motorists should be aware of this increased activity and should exercise caution when traveling in these areas," Metts said.
Be warned: While these are the announced roadways for the following week, Metts said they are subject to change without notice.
Are there any other other roadways in Lexington or other parts of the county where you would like to see extra traffic patrols? Tell us which ones, and why, in the comments section below.