The Lexington County Sheriff's Department has announced the latest roadways where it will conduct stepped-up traffic patrols, which will begin Thursday morning and run through next Wednesday.
Deputies, along with S.C. Highway Patrol troopers, will be cracking down on speeders, as well as reckless and drunken drivers.
The targeted roadways include:
- Barr Road (morning of Aug. 9)
- Bushberry Road (afternoon of Aug. 9)
- Hermitage Road (morning of Aug. 10)
- Reed Avenue (afternoon of Aug. 10)
- Tickleweed Road (Aug. 11)
- Avery Lane (morning of Aug. 13)
- Cromer Road (afternoon of Aug. 13)
- Lee Kleckley Road (morning of Aug. 14)
- Piney Grove Road (morning of Aug. 15)
- Augusta Road (afternoon of Aug. 15)
Lexington County Sheriff James Metts said deputies and state Highway Patrol troopers will concentrate on specific offenses or on problem areas identified by patrol observations, complaints from citizens, and statistics concerning traffic collisions.
"Motorists should be aware of this increased activity and should exercise caution when traveling in these areas," Metts said.
Be warned: While these are the announced roadways for the following week, Metts said they are subject to change without notice.
Are there any other other roadways in Lexington or other parts of the county where you would like to see extra traffic patrols? Tell us which ones, and why, in the comments section below.