Deputies Arrest 12 in Drug Bust
An undercover investigation at a house at 3728 Colony Park Lane in West Columbia led to the arrest of 12 people on charges of distributing, possessing or attempting to buy crack cocaine.
Officers arrested 12 people on drug charges after a five-month undercover investigation into the sale of crack cocaine at a house on Colony Park Lane near West Columbia.
Four of the 12 people were charged with distribution or possession of crack cocaine, according to the Lexington County Sheriff's Department. Eight others were charged for attempting to buy crack cocaine from the house at 3728 Colony Park Lane.
Officers with the Lexington County Multi-Agency Narcotics Enforcement Team (NET) started the investigation after receiving complaints about drug dealing at the house, Sheriff James R. Metts said. During the investigation, officers said they saw as many as 30 vehicles in one hour drive up to the home to buy crack cocaine.
The following people were arrested, according to the sheriff's department:
- Treshawn Alexander, 17, of 443 Gardners Terrace Road, West Columbia, is charged with distribution of crack cocaine. Alexander was released from the Lexington County Detention Center Monday after he posted a $15,000 bond.
- Curley Brooks Jr., 35, of 443 Gardners Terrace Road, West Columbia, is charged with third-offense distribution of crack cocaine. Brooks was released from the county detention center Monday after he posted a $25,000 bond.
- Beverly Mitchell Langston, 55, of 3728 Colony Park Lane, West Columbia, is charged with distribution of crack cocaine and possession of crack cocaine. Langston was being held Thursday at the county detention center on bail totaling $20,000.
- Rae Lynn McCraw, 44, of 106 Boone Lane, Swansea, is charged with possessing crack cocaine. McCraw was released from the
county detention center on Tuesday after she posted bail totaling $5,200.
The following people were charged with trying to buy crack cocaine from the home:
- Dwayne Anthony Barton, 39, of 481 Calhoun Road, St. Matthews
- Tiffany Ann Chavis, 24, of 923 Bachman Dykes Road, Swansea
- Michael Lee Gantt, 27, of 205 Jimmy Martin Circle, Gaston
- Sanford Moore Gilliam, 44, of 114 Geiger Road, West Columbia
- Cassandra Mack, 50, of 3941 Charleston Highway, Lot 120, West Columbia
- James Richard Padgett, 47, of 117 Sturkie Lane, Gaston
- Douglas Arthur Skaggs, 51, of 167 Hammond Avenue, West Columbia
- Kenneth Tyrone Williams, 46, of 224 Leland Drive, Gaston
NET officers may arrest more people in connection with the undercover investigation, Metts said.
Anyone with information about illegal drug activity in Lexington County should
call the Lexington County Sheriff’s Department at 803-785-8230 or CrimeStoppers at 1-888-CRIME-SC.